Over here, lunch is one of my favorite times of the day. I pretty much go outside everyday and it makes me feel silly that I didn't do this at home. The fresh air and sunshine really make the day better. Yesterday, I didn't even go get my lunch until close to 2pm. I mostly will buy my lunch from the grocery store. My favorite trend is the salad bar. We even go over in groups sometimes. The salad bar here is a bit more hardy than a salad bar you might find at home - IF you can find one. I won't lie, I'm pretty much eating potatoes and noodles with a few pieces of lettuce. The options are different each day and different in each store. Bonus points because this means it's all fresh. Plus, it's exciting to try different combinations. (Thank goodness I'm walking a lot!)
But my favorite part is the end - the dressing. I've become obsessed with American dressing. I'm really not sure I can describe the taste or even the color - it's pinkish with a touch of salmon color. I don't *think* we have American dressing at home. Although maybe it's disguised as a different dressing that I don't eat. I tend to stick to ranch or French if I'm out in public. In private settings, I only eat my mom's oil and vinegar combo. And yes, I'm still putting a touch of dressing on my noodles and potatoes. Don't judge.
To round out my lunch, I usually have fruit and/or yogurt. Plus, chocolate. It's a must for me and probably a lot of you. And one of the great things is that the salad usually only costs between €2,20 - €3,51. No complaints here.
***
I probably should have done this first, but I just googled American Dressing. I see why I like it. It has cream, oil, ketchup, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, and fresh herbs.
http://www.gutekueche.at/rezepte/2057/american-dressing.html
No comments:
Post a Comment