We decided to cube up the ham, barely half of it was more than enough, add some spaghetti sauce, and whatever spices I had on hand. I didn't feel like a prepared hostess (or an adult) when Kristi took over and asked if I had cheese or vegetables. Oops. It still turned out great. Perhaps a little salty as we underestimated how salted this bad boy was.
The mostly meat sauce was then poured over noddles. We also enjoyed a green salad, garlic green been salad, and some garlic smashed potatoes. It was unintentional that garlic was the second theme of the evening. I tried a new recipes, and roasted garlic in the oven for the first time, and it slightly backfired. Well, more like exploded...in the oven. I'm still trying to figure out how to clean the oven. At least it was contained.
Another unplanned portion of the evening was when I had to made a run to the store (thankfully just around the corner) to buy more wine and some chocolate. I don't think I've ever had to leave my own party before, but it was well worth it.
Six gals and seven empty bottles later, we were enjoying many laughs, some tangents in German, and lots of needed girl talk time.
As parting gifts, each guest left with a slab of meat with the condition that they just had to take it home with them. After that, I didn't need to know if it was eaten or trashed.
Maybe I'll be lucky enough to win another one next Christmas!
| My 2.992kg ham baby. |
| Final product...very hammy. |
| I needed help! Thanks, Kristi! |
| No space. |
| Great friends. |
It was a great night! Looking forward to many more! :)
ReplyDelete