01 November 2011

I have an address! And seven keys!

I've never been so excited to have an address, but it was a lot of work to get my luggage up 80 stairs. For those of you that know One Load Lynn you can imagine that three trips was less than ideal. That's a lot of stairs and a lot of sweating. Living on the fourth floor (aka fifth for Americans as Europe starts with ground level not first floor) without an elevator will be a good workout for my legs and lungs. I was in a similar situation in Wien and I survived.

I am pretty excited to have access to a kitchen. I don't know what I'll be cooking up, but it will surely be interesting. Side note, in addition to running, I apparently now eat mustard. Last night I had Leberkäse with mashed potatoes with a fried egg on top. Lecker. It came with a trio of mustards of which I liked all three. One brown and two yellow -- that's all I can say about them. Perhaps I have been missing out all of these years. I still think I'll refrain from that bright yellow mustard though.

The only negative about my new living situation is that there is no WLAN aka wi-fi or internet access. So I will need to look into an internet stick. I have a feeling this is not what we call it in English but I'm sure you can understand what I mean.

So since I will have no internet-based distractions in the evening hours, I will spend the time getting settled in and trying to figure out how to use all of the new appliances at my disposal.

Lastly, I am now in possession of seven keys. My purse just got a whole lot heavier. Three keys are for the office -- outside door to building, inside door to building, door to office -- which seemed like a lot. And now I have added four keys for the apartment -- outside door to building, door to apartment, door to cellar, and postbox. I'm going to need to find a new heavy-duty keyring! At home I carry just two keys on my ring, so this will take some getting used to as I jingle-jangle on my way.

Pictures to come!

*Let me know if you would like my address. Or ask my mom :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy you have a lil home now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, One Load Lynn now takes three loads, runs, AND eats mustard?! What is this crazy place doing to you. ;)

    ReplyDelete