03 January 2013

Ham on my desk.

After a whirlwind "visit" at home and an 11-hour celebration to ring in the new year, I was eager to get back to work and in my routine. I wasn't sure if anyone else would be the office, but I was happily surprised to be greeted by a few co-workers.

However, I was slightly confused when I was greeted by a 3 kg (6.6 pounds) salted ham sitting on my desk. It wasn't just a ham though (with cutting board and bag, mind you), there was also a bottle of Prosecco, some chocolates, and a little note pad and pen set.

*This is not my desk.


I missed the excitement, but all of the gifts received by our office were carefully divided into various categories (mostly food, alcohol, and other) and raffled off amongst our small group of eight.

My second thought was to save the ham for Easter until I saw the March 3 expiration date (it must be really, really salted since it just sits out...). Naturally, my first thought was, "how on earth am I going to cook this?!?" It smells really good though. I might have to have a ham party. Or make hot ham water (Arrested Development, anyone?).

Also, I was hesitant to accept a ride home from my kind colleague, but was really glad that I did. Just walking up the stairs with my loot was enough for one day. I need to ease myself back in my Europeans walking ways.

2 comments: