06 November 2011

Zuhause

Some pictures of my place. Currently I'm only signed on through March, but we'll see what happens. To explain the living situation: I am renting two furnished rooms out of Elke's apartment. She pops in now and then, but she has another small apartment where she primarily resides. She mostly uses her two rooms for storage and hopes to move in to the bigger apartment some day. For now, she rents the rooms out.

At the beginning of April, the building's facade will be renovated. Hence, the shortened lease. She said it's possible to stay longer if the construction doesn't bother me. It's too soon to say, so we'll just see how that plays out.

Here's the outside of the building. I'm all the way at the top.


A look at the 80 steps going up. That's only actually stairs. It's really just over 100 steps to get get all the way to the door.


And now for the the room.


I love the built-in book cases...wish I had more books! This triangle job has been nice for reading and watching tv. Bonus points for orange!



This is the other part of the room. It's really two rooms that are open to each other. This room is great for pilates and staring at neighbors.




And here's the foyer. Note the red coat.




The washing machine. They don't really do dryers here, so you'll see the drying rack on the right. Clothes drying is another function for the second part of my room.

And the cute kitchen. Again, oranges on the tablecloth. Yay. Now I have two Bosch dishwashers in my life.





And the bathroom. Pretty standard. However, I will note, that this is my first Euro apartment that did not separate the toilet from the rest of the bathroom. In the other two, the washing machine was also in the bathroom...not the toilet.

I've really enjoyed my six days so far. Elke is so nice and we've had some very nice conversations over tea. I saw her on Tuesday when I moved in and she was back Friday night. She left early on Saturday, but left me a note and a croissant. Both were lovely.

One last note, we have a Promi in the building aka prominent person. A guy who is on the news. I haven't seen him yet, I think. OK one more note, I have met some of the neighbors and they are also so nice. Maybe I think they're so nice because they all compliment me on my German :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute lil place! Think that second room is big enough for guests?? :)

    ReplyDelete