I wandered by about four different markets yet I didn't imbibe. I'm looking with my eyes first. Plus, part of the fun is being there with someone, so I will wait until I have official plans before my first Glühwein of the year. The evening was no where near a waste though. I found something that caught me wonderfully off guard.
Awesomesauce. And I was even inspired to actually take a photo and upload it. My magical winter world just got a little bit brighter. However, this isn't even the best part of my night. Schneeballen. Snowballs.
If we take a small trip into the past, you will find two blue-eyed sisters enjoying Schneeballen in München circa Christmas 2006. It's been so long, I hardly remember what they taste like, but I remember they were amazing. We loved them. Karen had tried them first, but this one was the one and only snowball we ate together. We talk about them. Dream about them. Scheme about them? Before I came to HH, we had a serious discussion about the Schneeballen. We didn't want to get our hopes up, but I'm pretty sure they were as high as they could go. It's such a relief to know exactly where the snowballs are residing here in Hamburg. I know there will be just enough place in my suitcase for one snowball.
I wish I was there to see all the pretty markets too!!! More photos! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing excursion!! Wishing I could share the first Gluehwein with you...xo
ReplyDelete