01 December 2011

So, Good News! I Saw a Dog Today!

Have you seen a dog? You probably have.

I love dogs. And clearly it's time for my annual viewing of Elf. Yesterday, was THE BEST DAY EVER because I walked up the stairs to the office with a dog. Yep. It wasn't mine but it followed me up. And since the owner was farther behind, I even pet it.

You see, most days I have to exercise extreme restraint when it comes to not touching other people's dogs on the street. It's an interesting feeling when you're in between an owner and an unleashed dog that is either way ahead or way behind. I have seen massive dogs and teeny tiny dogs and every kind in between. I'm talking Irish wolfhounds who are almost as tall as me standing next to the meat and produce at the outside market.

Even though I'm kind of sort of living my dream, another dream would be to own a dog in Europe. I think it's so great that you can bring them in stores and to restaurants and on public transportation. I guess we did bring Zeus to Ulta once, but it's just not the same.

Only seven more days until I get to play with a dog! And cat!

2 comments: