07 August 2012
Special Delivery from Wisconsin
It's always an exciting day when I open my mailbox and find a surprise waiting for me. But this time, the surprise was too big for my mailbox. I was elated to see a small package with my name on it resting on top of the boxes.
It looked kind of official and I scanned the package for a sender.
Sally Gobley.
I do not know a Sally Gobley.
My first thought was that my sister sent me something with a fake name. Yes, it's a strange first thought, but you've probably never been prank called by my sister. I started thinking all kinds of wild thoughts, I can't even share.
And then finally, I noticed another name I did recognize.
Tremblay's.
And then I saw the custom description: candy.
Then it hit me. This is fudge.
I ran up the rest of the stairs and tore open the packaging to find a pound of vanilla and chocolate fudge. I forgot about my groceries and started eating. Maybe I did a little dancing.
According to the package, the fudge shipped July 23 and it made it to me on August 6. It tasted just as good as if had been packaged the day I opened it. It was soft and yummy and so addicting. Yay for shipping! If it made it to Germany, I would recommend getting some of your own here.
After sampling both selections, I cut off a small few pieces to share with people later in the week. Then I ate a bit more and wrapped it all up. And then I promptly reopened everything and ate a bit more.
I knew I would have to bring it into work to share with my colleagues or I would certainly eat it all myself. I have to say the fudge has been quite well-received. Lecker!
Now my summer is complete :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Lynn, this is Sally Gobley. I understand you have received the package and everything is in good order. Yeah!!
ReplyDelete