27 August 2012

Packages go "quack"

A few months back, my colleagues and I discovered that it's a lot cheaper to send certain packages through regular airmail at the post office than it is to use a fancy shipping company that might sponsor a professional golf event. It's a seven-minute walk to the post office and if you go after the lunch hour there's almost never a line.

Today, like a couple other times before, the package started making noises. Since I'm often surrounded by noisy books it doesn't phase me anymore. In fact, every colleague on both sides of the pond has a favorite sound they like to press from time to time.

I'm sure postal workers have their own inside jokes and nuisances, but I'm guessing they don't usually involve a "quack" when they apply the postage to a package.

The look on his face was pretty priceless. I smiled apologetically and said,"It's a book for children. With noises."

I hope it made his day because it definitely made mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment