I baked last week.
I saw people wearing corduroy pants.
I saw a yellow leaf fall gently from a tree and land in the street before blowing away.
And then I saw Sturm. Well, that's what they call it in Austria. In (Northern?) Germany they call it Federweißer.
It's basically a carbonated baby wine. There's not much alcohol in it, but there is just enough. And the Austrians always warned us not too drink too much because it can result in some awful stomach situations. I can't confirm or deny this because we were always too scared to drink more than two glasses at a time.
Sadly, I don't think it's available, in any name, in the US. The tricky thing is that you can't even put a real cap on the bottle. Just a light covering because you can't cap the fermentation, or something like that.
The kicker is that this lovely drink, which I will probably continue to call Sturm, is usually only available starting in September and might go until the first week of November if you are lucky.
It's August! Even the grapes are confused.
![]() |
| Even though I prefer white wine over red, I do love red Sturm. And white. |

"even the grapes confused." I love it.
ReplyDelete