Last week, I found an orange envelope waiting for my in my mailbox. It came on a day I really needed a little pick me up. I opened the envelope to find my mom had sent me a card with HUGS on the front and KISSES on the inside. It was exactly what I needed. And then I laughed. My Mother's Day card was enroute and I'm sure you can guess what the card said...1000 KÜSSE. One thousand kisses. Our cards with similar intent had crossed in the mail.
And the next day, I received a card from Aunt Jean, Mom's sister. Another great pick-me-up. And earlier in the week, I had sent a letter to Aunt Cathy (who made my day with a letter a few weeks back) and I brightened up her day. Around Easter, I received letters from my mom, grandma, and aunt all in the same day.
I think it's amazing how people, whether or not there is blood relation, can be so in tune with one another -- no matter the distance.
I encourage you to send someone you love -- someone you see in your every day life or someone you wish you did -- a snail-mail letter. I guarantee it will turn a rough day around or make a great day even better.
I also got mail from someone I love.
ReplyDeleteThere is something to be said for the art of sending snail mail. It's tangible. Someone went through a little more effort to find just the right card or note. Handwriting (mine is not beautiful) is a small piece of that person, given to the recipient.
ReplyDeleteLove this!
ReplyDelete