29 May 2012

Best Weekend Ever

I took full advantage of the amazing weather over the weekend. Thankfully, we didn't hit triple digits (Fahrenheit!) like Chicago, but stayed around 25 degrees. I had my first Hamburg BBQ/picnic -- it was by the Elbe River and there was no shortage of meat and beer as we watched the boats go by in the harbor. I also enjoyed some time at Planten und Blomen reading on a blanket and some time by the Alster Lake via bike. I slept in, ate ice cream, and made plans as I went. It was so relaxing and wonderfully glorious.

And, of course, the Eurovision finale on Saturday night helped make it complete. I can't get the winning song out of my head. Germany didn't get that many votes, which was a shame because the song is pretty good.

The only downside to this lovely weather is how unbelievably hot my apartment is. Heat sure does rise and not being able to open a window does not help the situation.

1 comment: