03 May 2012

Bienenstich

Even though I enjoy lunch at the market nearly every Thursday, I usually only get a "treat" every one in a while. Sometimes it will be a crêpe (Nutella or cinnamon sugar). Lately, it's been Natas, a Portuguese egg-tart pastry -- I like the traditional vanilla variety. BUT, if there is ever Bienenstick (bee-sting cake) it's very difficult for me to say no. It was nearly impossible to find in Austria, so I feel like I must take advantage. We're lucky that in the Chicago area, you can find access to some quality cake, but nothing beats having it in Germany. As you can see in the pictures, it comes wrapped quite nicely if you take it to go. I know what you're thinking, how do you not eat it right away?! It was a long afternoon. And what you can't see in the picture is that the piece is longer than my hand. It makes for two decent-sized servings. Of course, I've also managed it in one sitting. I love dessert!

1 comment:

  1. The picture of that Bienenstick is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete