30 October 2011

My Coat Saga

Turquoise is no longer my new pink. I knew it was too easy the first time around. After sending my mom a picture of my new coat, she said it looked like it was too big on me. And she was right. I happened to be near the Benetton store, so I popped in to try on a smaller size just for fun. I even asked one of the store employees what she thought and she agreed that the smaller was better. Of course they didn't have the turquoise in the size I needed, but I really liked the navy blue. I asked if I could put the coat on hold and come right back. Unfortunately, they couldn't put it on hold because it was still "coat week" and the sale was still on. There was only one navy blue coat in my size, so as I hauled it back to the hotel to pick up the coat and receipt hoping that no one else would come in looking for that coat. It took me 45 minutes to speed-walk from the store to the hotel and back. The whole time I was envisioning which scarves and gloves would look best with the navy coat. I could see myself drinking Glühwein at the Christmas markets and shopping at the grocery store all while wearing my navy coat. I was excited.

Yep, when I made it back to the store there was an empty hanger right in the middle of the navy blue coats. I found the girl that helped me earlier hoping that she secretly put it on hold, but she didn't. And the two navy samples of the mannequins were too big or too small. Bleh. Now what?! I started looking at the other colors that were available in my size. My first thought was the camel color, but I just couldn't do it. So, since I'm not allowed near white coats and I didn't want brown, black, gray, or a weird yellow/green...I am now the proud owner of a red coat. The ironic thing is that when I bought my pink coat in Vienna I had starting my shopping with intentions of coming home with a red jacket. And now we've come full circle.


1 comment: