Every night when I go to bed, I feel a glimmer of Christmas Eve-esque excitement because I know I'll wake up to a full inbox and lots of new Facebook posts. When I wake up, I check my phone quickly for any priority news and save the rest until I get to a computer. Sometimes I wake up to news of an engagement or photos of a new puppy. Sometimes it's an embarrassing video or post that's been circulating on Facebook while I slept peacefully, but sometimes it's news of a real tragedy.
I feel extra helpless at times like this when I am so far removed from America. However, it's comforting to know that the Germans show just as much concern for what happened.
This weekend is the Hamburg Marathon and I hope the runners and spectators will run and cheer with pride and without hesitation.
No comments:
Post a Comment