![]() |
| Photo source |
Málaga went up 1-0 fairly quickly despite Dortmund controlling most of the game and ball possession. Dortmund tied it up just going into half time.
With 8 minutes left in the game, after Málaga regained the lead, the room went silent. Two minutes later, everyone turned to look when a woman yelled "Scheiße!" after returning from the restroom to see the new score. I'm not sure why she went to the bathroom with 8 minutes left!
I asked my German if he thought they could still score two goals. He said yes. I was skeptical. The ref signaled for 4 minutes of stoppage time.
Less than a minute in, Reus scored! It was 2-2. I started to think, oh man--too little, too late. But another minute later, they scored again. I have never seen anything like it. I heard glasses of beer topple to the floor and lots of, "Ist das geil?!" (How cool is that?!)
And just like that, Dortmund advances to the semis for the first time in 15 years. Here's a video with the highlights.
Moral of the story: Don't stop playing until the whistle blows...and sometimes it's ok to skip working out for a major sporting event.
P.S. That's Marco Reus up there. He plays for Dortmund and the German national team. He has nice hair.

Great video
ReplyDeleteWhen Dortmund scored their second goal, I ran into my flatmate's room to see his reaction. Too bad I was watching the match via British TV on my laptop. His TV was a couple of minutes ahead of mine and I missed the third goal :(.
ReplyDeleteNice blog, anyway. I just started a Hamburg blog at www.chasinghamburg.com so it's good to see I'm not alone!
Nice picture!
ReplyDelete