Lately, a lot of conversations have turned toward talk of Facebook and the ongoing love-hate relationship. And I'm not the only one bringing it up! I happened to come across this article, posted by a Facebook "friend" who is hidden from my main feed ironically, which really articulated some of my feelings.
There's a fine line with Facebook which can still put you over the edge even when you're happy and fulfilled (which I consider myself to be). It's not a jealousy thing, just an in-your-face thing.
Based on this quote, I also have to offer an aplogy:
"But it only takes one friend at the Eiffel Tower to make you feel like a loser."
Oops?
Maybe this is why I've been posting less and been less active overall? To a lot of people my current life seems fun and glamorous and they associate my living abroad with being on vacation. It's not. I vacuum, go grocery shopping, exercise, and pine away for my family. But no one wants to see those things in their news feed.
Which reminds me, thank you for reading my blog without a Facebook reminder :)
I'm sorry that you might feel you are causing others to feel bad. Not your problem. Like you stated, some things are great about being abroad and others are not. Like all of our lives, it's all a give and take. I'm also using FB less and less. I think many people are bored with it and therefore posting things that have no merit. Hey! give a friend a call and meet for lunch people. Try a FF (face to face), you might be surprised at how nice it is.
ReplyDelete