Now it's time to learn my new passport number and break the covers in so they are nicely worn by 2022. For the meantime, I do have to carry both passports because part of my work visa is still in the cancelled passport. So, at least I get to ease into the idea of the new one. Which, for the record, is receiving his reviews with non-Americans I've shown it to. I'm probably one of the last people to get the "new" passport and I do have to say that it's unique with so many American and inspirational quotes and images. And, I'm not even sure it was technically issues in the US. I was lucky that I qualified for mail-in renewal. So, one again, my passport went to Berlin without me. It was gone for about three weeks, but a very smooth process overall.
And, of course, I have to get used to my new photo. For my very first passport I was 14-years-old. I had braces, a dirty-blonde pony tail, and a tanned face from playing so many sports outside. My next passport came my freshman year of college before departing for Innsbruck to study for the year. My hair was curly, reddish (I don't want to talk about it...) and long. Of course, by the time I arrived in Innsbruck, my hair was back to dirty blonde, back to straight, and quite a bit shorter.
And now, my first non-smiling passport photo which definitely shows off my time in the north since my skin is very pale and my hair is as dark as it's ever been -- and probably as long as it's ever been. I don't really recognize myself.
Plus, it's a far cry from my visa photo from just one year ago. I didn't realize my appearance could change to much so quickly. Identifying people from photos must be tough work.
| Fall 2011 -- trying not to smile, note the lip curl |
| Fall 2012 -- trying so hard not to smile that my jaw is sticking out |
No comments:
Post a Comment