21 November 2012

Eierlikör Stealer

Last year, St. Nicholas* left me some wonderful treats. One of which was a Lindt Eierlikör-filled chocolate. I was pretty busy with last-minute packing, so I safely packed it away to enjoy stateside.

Just a few days later, I returned to my room to discover a trail of tiny remnants of metallic wrappers.

I. Was. Mad.

But then slightly concerned.

I would have gladly shared a bite from my secret stash with any of my human contacts, but sharing with the pup didn't rank anywhere on my To-Do list.

I was pretty sure he would be fine despite his small size and the fact that it wasn't just chocolate but also liquor. So mostly, I was concerned about the waste of such a good piece of chocolate. But I couldn't stay mad for long. I mean, look at this face.



The other day I happened across these chocolates in the store. I bought one for 55¢ and have been keeping it on my dresser next to my countdown to when I go home. The countdown is from my sister and based on how many days left until I get to hug her. It truly warmed my heart.

There are no plans for this piece of chocolate to come within a thousand miles of this little pooch. Or my new black coat.

*Or the man who cleans the office twice a week. It's narrowed down to one of the two.




1 comment: