01 November 2012

How to Dress Like a Dictionary for Halloween.

Sorry the picture is flipped!
1. Go to the Frankfurt Book fair and pick up a free Langenscheidt bag.

2. Decide to go to a Halloween party at the last minute and completely over think what you can make without going outside or buying anything.

3. Be a nerd and glance at your bookshelf for inspiration.

4. Remember that you have a Langenscheidt bag.

5. Wrap it around your midsection to see if it fits.

6. Cut up a pair of tall black (thinning) socks that you keep meaning to throw out but then continue to wash and wear.

7. Safety pin four strips of former black socks to the four corners of the bag.

8. Try to make a headpiece out of your German/English pocket dictionary and a headband.

8. Tie bag around your body and celebrate!


_________

Some additional thoughts on Halloween:

1. On my way home from work, I saw children Trick-or-Treating. In fact, some were trying to get into my building as I was. I let them in. I started to get concerned because I was not prepared to hand out candy. Then I regretted eating the few pieces of leftover candy from the weekend pumpkin party. As I ran up the stairs I tried to think about anything else I could give these two little girls.

I decided I could give them a rubber snake and a fake spider. Or I could just turn off my lights and pretend no one was home. I left the lights on, but then they didn't come.

I think it was for the better. I rethought if I should have mentioned something as I saw them in the hallway, but then decided that also would have been creep.

"Please children...follow me all the way to the top floor where your parents can't see you."

2. I think I saw more tricks than treats. There was shaving cream EVERYWHERE outside and a lot of smashed eggs on buses and Ubahns. (This reminded me of when my TOPLESS jeep was egged. Not cool. I soooo know who did it too.)

3. I finally got to watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I was supposed to watch it two years ago with a friend before the Glee episode aired, but I had to go and get sick. Sadly, at the time, I didn't know it would be my last American Halloween for the near future. I liked it. The best part was that there was a family from Canada who clearly weren't watching it for the first time. They came prepared with props (and we all danced!), so I felt like it was a great first viewing.

4. I drank this yummy drink last night. It's something like cherry juice, mineral water, Prosecco and a lichee/cherry eyeball. I also ate some Haribo gummies. I would have loved a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.


5. Some of our pumpkin party pictures made it to Kristi's Vancouver Sun blog!

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/10/31/halloween-top-five-reasons-i-love-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment