06 September 2012

More reasons that summer is over

Now I have 100% accepted that summer is over. It's getting cooler. It's getting darker. And yesterday I saw Christmas cookies for sale at the grocery store. Obviously they don't need to concern themselves with Halloween or Thanksgiving, so it's time to dive right into Christmas.

In other news, this is now the first summer in my life that I haven't worn a bathing suit. I suppose I technically could have worn one a couple of days to just sit outside, but it just didn't work out. I'm a little bit sad about this.

Photo credit to Kristi Fuoco
Lastly, even though I had an amazing picnic last Sunday with some girlfriends at Stadtpark, I apparently made new friends with some type of bug or insect that proceeded to bite and or sting me at least 17 times. I didn't discover it until the next day, but my stomach and back are now covered with itchy red spots of various sizes.

I suppose it was my time as it seems everyone and their roommate has recently been bit or stung by something. I thought I would make it out unscathed. I thought wrong. My small circle of friends and colleagues has had mixed opinions about whether I need to seek medical attention. I'm currently waiting it out with a small tube of a Benadryl equivalent I picked up at the Apotheke.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment