Between my itching bug bites and the fickle weather, I really had to force myself to find energy to go out on Saturday night. And then, of course, I had a great night. After a couple of drinks at a sofabar (think big old couches you might have found at your great-grandparents house) we walked over to Gruenspan. It's a club, but it wasn't so clubby in the fact that people weren't dressed that fancy.
The music that night was Balkan with electronic beats. From Wikipedia:
Shantel, real name Stefan Hantel (born in Frankfurt am Main January 1, 1968), is a German DJ and producer of Bukovina German Romanian descent, known for his work with gypsy brass orchestras, DJing and remixing traditional Balkan music with electronic beats. His grandparents on the maternal side were from the Romanian part of Bukovina.[1]
It was really cool. Click here to hear some music. We basically danced to this for a few hours straight. Multiple breaks were necessary due to the extreme heat, but it was surprisingly fun to dance to.
Trying new things is fun. I have to keep reminding myself of that sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment