| Standard slug pose |
However, as a bonus, I've become rather acquainted with slugs. The first time I saw one, I happened to be at Planten und Blomen, one of my favorite parks, in the rose garden. I was enjoying a lovely rose, when all of a sudden I was quite confused by what appeared to be slick turd propped up on the bloom.
| New slug pose |
Usually, I notice the slugs in grass or near plants, but this week they have not shied away from sidewalks. I nearly squashed one. I would not like to know what that looks or feels like. Rainy and post-rainy days now have me on high alert.
How come I've never seen one of these in the US? They must be around, right?
Also, I've learned that the German word for a slug is die Nacktschnecke, which literally means a naked snail. I've also heard them referred to as the "homeless snails".
Poor little ugly, naked, homeless slugs.
ew.
ReplyDelete