14 July 2012

iPhone + me + Germany = finally :)

I am so excited and proud of myself for finally having a functioning iPhone in Germany. It was a long journey and a very long 9.5 months, but the results were worth the wait.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to unlock an iPhone, just remember to have patience. I think Apple and phone companies are now making it just a bit easier for people and I was just caught up in some bad timing, but it was a tough road.

However, I will now have 100% access to email.

Some things I'm most excited about?:

1. Weather: I don't trust the Apple weather 100%, but it will be better than trying to look out of my construction-covered windows or just plain guessing what to wear.

2. Email: Great way to keep in contact (wink, wink).

3. Maps: I plan to no longer get lost or fear getting lost. I will be able to navigate myself to new places without printing maps out or having to research possible plans and routes far in advance.

4. WhatsApp: A great way to text internationally (again, wink, wink).

5. Texting: Now I don't have to type oldschool and press actual buttons (who does that?! jk).

6. City bikes: I should now be much better equipped to rent a free city bike. Technically you don't need a smartphone or the app, but it just seems way less complicated this way. I'll let you know when I face the fear of doing this alone.

7. Rings: I will have much better options for rings and messages.

8. Color: Aside from the home screen, my Nokia was all in black and white. I'll be living in color again!

9. One Phone: Now I won't have to carry two phones around. Much more practical.

10. The cool factor: I feel like I rejoined the 21st century and humans in general. And adults. About time.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you won't need a map because I found your missing map in my suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! So excited for you. Especially about the map part haha.

    ReplyDelete