15 March 2012

Let's Dance

Last night, I happened to catch part of the premiere of the newest season of Let's Dance aka Dancing with the Stars. I only watched the beginning because I quickly lost interest. I guess the draw really is the celebrity rather than the dance. There are a lot of shows with "Promis" however, to me they are just regular people because I couldn't identify them if my life depended on it.

I do have to note, that what I found most interesting was the scoring. In the US, the judges are "mean yet fair" the first week. I mean, if you start too high there's no where to go. Well, the Germans did not hold back in comments and they certainly held back in points. There were a lot of 4s and 5s and even at least one 1. One poor guy scored 9/40 points for his first dance!

I will give you (Americans) five gold stars if you can name any of the Promis without looking them up.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, all your Promis are 'beautiful' people. I didn't notice if David Hasselhoff was in this group??

    ReplyDelete