Last night I met Sorina for crepes at Ti Breizh. It was the cutest little rustic-French place. Naturally, I turned myself around leaving the Ubahn station turned a 5-minute walk into a 25-minute walk. Yes, it was also raining. Duh. And then I didn't see Sorina's text that she was already seated at the table while I waited at the front for 10 minutes. Oops. It's a good thing I left extremely early. This is why.
When I saw Sorina, I noticed that she was wearing a cream and navy blue striped shirt and matched the wait staff! And then I took off my coat and remembered that I was wearing a navy blue and tan striped sweater. It must have been subconscious because it was certainly not planned and almost went unnoticed. In addition to our striped shirts, we also both had pearl earrings. Too funny.
I must also note that this is the third time this week that I've forgotten what I'm wearing while also wearing my coat. The other two times happened in one day when I had a sudden moment of, "What am I wearing? I don't know! I seriously can't remember." And then I had to check.
It was a difficult decision, but I went for the cheese, ham, and mushroom crepe while Sorina chose the tomato, artichoke, spinach option. We shared an apple, carmel, and almond crepe for dessert. De-lish. It was another wonderful evening of great food and even better company.
And then I came home and successfully sewed a button on a dress at 10:45p while watching Dharma and Greg auf Deutsch. I was so empowered with my sewing skills that I decided to fix another button. Alas, this one proved more difficult and will need to be reattempted another day. In case you were wondering, I usually take my sewing needs directly to my father, so this was kind of a big deal for me.
This is a glimpse into my real life.
No comments:
Post a Comment