15 January 2013

Advent Calendars (in January)

I love Advent calendars. As a child, I always had one filled with chocolate. I figured everyone had one, but I later learned that wasn't always the case. Sometimes we wouldn't get them until a few days into December which was always fun because we could eat right through the current day.

The last two years I did not have a calendar. Perhaps because I would have had to buy it myself? Partly. But really it was because I spent more than half of December in America and it seemed silly to travel with it. Instead, I decided to splurge on a nice box of chocolate instead so I could make it until my flight date.

However, I was happily surprised to receive one at work! One of our vendors sent chocolate-filled calendars. It was the greatest and cutest idea. The art was an original illustration. The chocolate was not top quality, but it was still chocolate. I only sporadically ate a few pieces before I left and promptly forgot it existed.

Until this week. I've been eating my way through Advent (not in order!) during the third week of January. It seems perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

P.S. What I really love are the homemade Advent calendars people make for themselves with lots of little treats. Perhaps next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment