The weekend before last included a spontaneous trip to the
beach. Despite wearing my winter coat, it was a wonderful day, as is any which includes fresh sea air. This was not my first trip to the Baltic Sea (I viewed it from St. Petersburg, Russia back in 2004), but it was my first view from Germany.
There are three popular beach destinations in Northern Germany and I was glad to cross at least one off the list this year. Next year I'd like to visit St. Peter-Ording and/or Sylt during the summer.
The car ride was about an hour with pleasant scenery. I also think it's always a great day when you see a cow. Before heading to the water, we enjoyed a lovely lunch at a Chinese restaurant (why not?) and wandered the town a bit. We even picked up a bakery item for dessert.
And then, there is was.
 |
| This one has better clouds... |
 |
| ...but this one has a sailboat. |
We strolled the beach and walked out on the pier. A quick look over into the water was filled with jellyfish! I don't think I've actually ever experienced jellyfish in the wild. They were fun to spot against the very green water.
 |
| Jellyfish! |
It was a short trip, but very well worth it. The only thing that didn't get crossed off my list was to sit in a Strandkorb (beach basket). You can rent them by the hour or for a half a day. Sometimes they are very necessary to protect you from strong winds and cool temperatures. Next time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment