13 January 2012

Sleeping: 1, Me: 0

I'm very surprised that I've made it to lunch without falling asleep. After nodding off around 7:30p last night, I was very awake from midnight until approximately 5:30a. I tried watching tv, reading, and just pretending to sleep. My 7:40a wakeup came way too soon. I'm not convinced that I'm suffering from jetlag, but I have no other guesses.

It's not as bad as my January '08 return to Vienna which required 16 episodes of Gilmore Girls, 3 Mandy Moore movies, and 2.5 Red Bulls. In 24 hours. Don't judge.

Maybe it's the mini-storms that come and go through the night. Maybe it's because I'm constantly freezing Maybe I miss my bed at home. Maybe I have too much on my mind.

[It is driving me nuts that I can't locate a black long-sleeved scoop neck Express shirt on either continent. Where are you, shirt? I've already issued a BOLO, but please come forward with any information. There is a reward.]

We'll have to see if this weekend will help or hurt me.

In other news, winter came for about an hour this morning. We had some huge flakes coming down and thunder/lightning even made an appearance. That was a first. But now it's gone and it's sunny (and windy!) again. Sorry, Chicago.

Lastly, I had a really expensive nectarine at lunch but it was totally worth it. Yay for splurging.

No comments:

Post a Comment