I think my brain is working too hard. My thoughts are all over the place. My dreams are half German and half English (like literally mixed together into sentences) and there's even been some Spanish (I do not speak Spanish in real life but I do apparently comprehend it in dreams).
Yesterday, I finally had an opportunity to take a rainless walk after work. I must have been so excited and focused to put away my groceries and change shoes that I discovered I had run out of stairs to climb and had gone two apartments past my own. Sadly, this isn't even the first time I've done this. It's one of the most unusual feelings. It kind of feels like you're in bizarro world. Everything seems familiar yet so different. Or maybe it feels like an ambush, where you're looking around and trying to take in what's happening but your mind is just not computing. But I'm not really sure about this.
I think the "newness" of my life of here has worn off. Which I don't even mind. In fact, I'm enjoying it even more. Now it seems real. As real as a warm, snow-less January can seem.
ahh I remember the good ol' days of dreaming in Spanish....still happens from time to time. It's a good thing though - means you're really soaking up the language!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat are you understanding in Spanish? :)
ReplyDeleteLove you. That is all.