I happened past the same boutique where I found my first love and noticed a nice pink purse. I kept walking. I was in the midst of running errands and decided I'd stop in on my way back if they were still open. They were. I picked up the purse and suddenly the saleswoman was there. I liked the purse -- no doubt. It was only slightly smaller than what I was previously looking for and the color matched my coat.
"Are you sure it's not too tone on tone?"
Of course she told me is wasn't. But she was right. I said I'd take it. The bonus?
"Did you know we literally just marked the price down just moments ago?"
You don't say :)
Felicia (I did not name her) has many, many pockets which helps make up for the slightly limited space inside. She also has an orange liner (favorite color alert!). On the weekends, I sometimes have to pack books and empty Apfelshore bottles in just right, or carry them, but it's worth it. She's been a great summer purse.
And, wouldn't you know, just six weeks later, I was walking by that boutique again and another purse caught my eye. I peeked in. I knew it was perfect. I asked if they only had the one or if there were more in the back. Of course, she said they just had one and there was no guarantee they would get more. I was on my way to meet someone, so I thought I'd just take my chances and hope it was still there the next day. I made it all the way to the bus stop while texting my mom before I decided to turn around and go back. I bought it. But I went for the slate blue over the black. Also with an orange liner! Fiona (seriously, I'm not naming them!) is a bit bigger, so I think she'll be a great transition back to fall. I already feel less stressed about waiting until I have a broken purse before starting the new search.
And that's how my fleet has grown. I'm certainly a Fritzi von Preußen fan.
| The color is much darker that it looks here. |
No comments:
Post a Comment