23 January 2015

Finally, my Sessel.

I was on a secret hunt for a reading chair the last year. I felt that by 30 I should own a comfortable chair to cuddle up in for hours on end. However, since I'm living in a rented, furnished flat (yes, it's just easier to say flat) I wasn't really prepared to splurge had I been living in a more permanent life situation. Regardless, I was very much a brunette Goldie Locks and my search continued for nearly a year.

You know how life works in mysterious ways? I happened to mention to a friend that I was searching and within a week she had notified me of a used chair on our GGI Classifieds page. I was the only one who expressed interest. I set up a meeting to go check out the chair and went for an hour bus ride (two different buses) after yoga one night in December. I loved it. I knew it was for me. And I even convinced the seller to join our Book Club. I only had to transport it. Down from the fourth floor, across town, and up to the fourth floor again. No elevators.

Some people lovingly refer to me as One Load Lynn because I will do whatever it takes to get everything in the house, up the stairs, or in the car in one trip. No matter how it goes down. However, I quickly realized my limitations and knew there was just no way I could do this on my own. Or with public transportation.

Again, thank you universe. A dear friend recently got a new car with big cargo space and didn't live far from the pickup. Faced with the holidays, it took about six weeks to nail down a pick up date that worked for all three of us.

It took an hour door-to-door, but we did it. My biceps are a little bit sore but I kept playing the "PIVOT" scene from Friends in my head and it kept my spirits high. I still haven't found the chair's final resting spot, but just having it in my possession has made me very happy.

Here I am post-yoga with my new book club book in hand. Bonus: the cover comes off for easy washing and the second color is a reddish-orange. And wheels!

Please ignore my open wardrobe and large scarf collection.

1 comment: