01 September 2014

Honey and Hand Soap

After making my return trip to Hamburg, it took me two days to get to the store to buy honey and hand soap -- two things I drastically needed yet also found a way to keep squeezing out a few drops. Therefore, I'm not too disappointed in myself for taking two weeks to get back on this blog. It's so incredibly frustrating that I have so many stories I want to share with you, yet I keep just making more memories so I never get time to go back and share what's happening. I promise to keep trying though. Really, I do. I also have to say I'm incredibly thankful for the people that I get to share these stories with in real life on a day to day basis.

During my last trip to the US, I didn't log in to Facebook once*. I received "important" notifications via email, but I could tell Facebook missed me a lot more than I missed it. It started sending me messages that I never received before: "You have 39 pending notifications."and "High School Friend 8 liked a photo of Someone You Don't Even Know." The first day was a little tough, but then I was free. And I'm trying (yet failing) to stay that way. I prefer real life contact so, so much more. It makes me happier, but it's just so hard to stay in touch when I'm so far.

So, while I try to get back on track on blogging (because I like to write and tell stories; not because I like to communicate personal info incognito), I encourage you to send me a personal note or email if you check in and I haven't written anything recently.

xoxo

*OK, once. But it was an accident. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment