25 July 2014

Super Tipster

Not only was Germany a big winner in the World Cup, but also me :) I was the super tipster! I won our work "tip round" of eight people by 17 points. I had a 24-pt lead at one point..but I knew I could more risky at the end! I ended up with 152 points total which, from what everyone has been telling me, was a score no one else seemed to even come close to. I'm really not tooting my own horn here as I'm equally surprised I performed so well!

During our monthly management meeting I was presented with a hand-made trophy (mein Pokal). I couldn't stop smiling. And it didn't take long for me to start eating the delicious Brazil-colored candies inside the trophy. Naturally, I shared. I also received some chocolates which I will also share with the team.

I definitely plan to have a Tiprunde in 2018...let me know if you want in ;)

Handmade three-piece trophy - filled with Brazil-colored marshmallow-like candies



Lastly, since it never made it in...



June 26, 2014 | Germany vs. USA

I went to bed with my German outfit planned and just so, so excited for the big game. When I got dress that Thursday, I immediately felt pangs of guilt. I was wearing black, red, and yellow and not one shred of red, white, or blue. And I didn't even have any! I felt guilty. I was supporting the USA, and even tipped in their favor (!) going for the upset. Luckily, on my walk to work I passed through the weekly market and someone happened to have an American flag scarf for sale. Thankfully it was only 5,00€ because I probably would have paid even more!

In the office, I taught my colleagues a new phrase, "fashion disaster". My black, white, yellow, red, blue mix was not the most stylish, but I felt so much pride -- for both my teams.

Note the earrings!




No comments:

Post a Comment