We had just over 30 people who represented more countries than we imagined: Germany (natürlich!), Romania, France, India, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Canada, and the USA (of course!).
Our BYOB was somewhat unsuccessful because everyone was so generous, we ended up with more to drink that we could handle. I did bring my own beverage -- a Dr. Pepper. I bought this can of pop last Fall because I was so excited to see an American-shaped can at Rewe one day. And, while I do enjoy Dr. Pepper, I just don't drink a lot of pop. And I think it will stay that way. I was disappointed with my (too large) can of pop and ditched it before the end of the night.
We were worried we wouldn't have enough blankets for everyone to sit, but I didn't sit down once the entire time! There were too many friendly and familiar faces and so many new ones that.
At 22:00 we all gathered by the water to watch the water and light show. The theme was "Pump and Circumstance" which was obviously fantastic. The schedule of the show rotates a few times each summer and many of us agreed this show was better than any of the shows from last year. Good job to the person controlling the water and lights. How do you get this job?
| Sorry you can't hear the music! |
To end the evening on an even better note, Alisa was able to give away a lot of the leftover food to some homeless people at the train station who really appreciated the gesture.
Surprise appearances?: Obama the Finger Puppet, an American flag, a single sparkler, and red solo cups.
Thankfully absent?: Rain (although it was close).
It might have been the best picnic ever.
| Bonus shot of the olive salsa. |
![]() |
| Directions + umbrella marker = 99% success |

I'm glad it was such a success! It sounds like a unique way to spend the day with friends. We enjoyed fireworks on the lake. Always a special treat.
ReplyDelete