![]() |
| photo source |
The finalists were Luise, Lovelyn, Sabrina, and Maike. I thought it would come down to Luise and Lovelyn, my two favorites, but was shocked to turn in on to find Lovelyn and Maike standing. Maike takes gorgeous photos, but she's a little awkward about everything else. Lovelyn is always bursting with life and everyone likes her. Except Maike for most of the season. But everyone has made up by now, of course.
Germany's next top model is...
| photo source |
![]() |
| photo source |
Lovelyn aka Baby Beyoncé was the winner. She's only 16 and also comes from Hamburg. This is important to know because I saw her on the Ubahn while picking my sister up from the airport! Just days earlier I had read a magazine which reminded me that she was from Hamburg and more specifically Alsterdorf.
Obviously I was elated to have picked up my sister from the airport and we started chitchatting about everything until I noticed I was slightly distracted. I kept looking over at a young girl who very much just looked like a high school student and not a model-in-training.
"Karen, I want you to look at this girl and study her face. I'm going to show you a picture when we get home because I'm 99% sure she's on Germany's Next Model."
And then when she stood up and I noticed how long her legs were, I was 99.5% sure.
The second I showed Karen the picture she agreed.
I know my dad would say, "You should have taken a picture with her!" but I'm not really big on that and I didn't want to bother the young girl in what turned out to be her last few days a semi-normal human being.
Now that she's the winner, I sort of wish I had at least said hi or good luck or something so that she knew she also had an American fan.
I can't really tell you much about the finale itself since I haven't watched it. But I can tell you that there was a naked protestor on the live show. She ran onstage topless with "Heidi's Horror Picture Show" written across her chest. Interesting.
Also, Psy, Robin Thicke, and Bruno Mars performed. Oh, and there was some kind of robot/titan thing. And Heidi wore Versace.
Here's a link to the show website.
![]() |
| photo source |



No comments:
Post a Comment