![]() |
| source |
I only learned of the cronut a few weeks ago when a friend mentioned she discovered the German equivalent. And now I've discovered them for myself. I have zero desire to eat one or see one in real life, but I do find it a fascinating cultural pheonomenon.
The ad says that the Kultkringel is new in Hamburg -- the treat from New York. On the bakery website it also says that that you don't have to wait in a long line like you do in NY. Are people really doing this? Regulars or tourists?
Basically you are looking at a croissant-doughnut hybrid (or illegitimate child of a croissant and doughnut as some are calling it). It's a doughnut-croissant fried in peanut oil with sugar or sugar icing.
I have no idea what a cronut is going for in NY, but 2,20€ seems a fair price in comparison with other bakery treats.
Sorry if any of that grossed you out.

No comments:
Post a Comment