http://www.spielwarenmesse.de/
It was a very different feel from the Frankfurt Book Fair. I enjoyed seeing how our books fit in amongst the toys as they ride a fine line sometimes. It was fairly overwhelming to see how much
Walking through the halls I saw everything from balloons to books stuffed animals to model trains to Advent calendars to magic kits to sleds to dolls to boardgames to balls to backpacks to pencils to playground sets to costumes to balloons...oh wait, yes, that many balloons...but you get the idea.
For me, it was most interesting to looks at products in terms of licensing. To see what is hot and working.
![]() |
Sorgenfresser (worry eaters)
They are cute little monster-like stuffed animals who you can tell your worries to -- and then zip them up so you don't have to worry about them anymore. I had a nerd-out moment of laughter when I saw a colleague gently whisper "sales figures" to the small creature before fastening the zipper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKofgJdiUDY
Bumm Bumm Ballon (boom, boom, balloon!)This is a fun game played with a balloon, a die, some sticks...and of course, this crazy contraption in which the sticks and balloon are placed. You roll the die and click 1, 2, or 3 times. You keep rolling and clicking until the balloon pops!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T282ibHqTjI
I also scored a lovely Christmas Advent calendar from our stand neighbors. No, not the chocolate kind, but it has lots of silver glitter. I chose a traditional German scene and opted out of the one of the White House. Apparently, they sent one to Clinton and received a lovely response. They never received a response from Obama.
PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS:
1. Eating 1/4 of a cake (≈one bite) made from an Easy Bake Oven.
My quote to exhibitors: "I haven't tasted this cake in over 20 years!" Walks away with smile on face.
2. Telling Hexbugs that they products are not just for humans.
My quote to exhibitors: "My cat really loves these bugs." Walks away with smile on face.

No comments:
Post a Comment