02 February 2012

Older, But Not Yet Wiser

Shucks, the people in my life sure know how to make me feel special. I enjoyed a solid week of birthday wishes - cards, emails, notes, messages, texts, calls, and short videos. It was wonderful. And, no offense, but the best birthday wish I received was probably the one from my bank. I had never received a birthday greeting from a bank before and it kind of made my day.

This was my first birthday in Germany. Third in a German-speaking country. And fourth in Europe. Kind of crazy, right? I like to celebrate in quiet and simple ways and this year was successful. A different kind of successful that last year's SMOW-M-G/Snowmageddon that cancelled the originally planned celebrating.

I brought the sugar cookies to share with the office and they were well-received. Unfortunately, I think I may have eaten a majority of them. I'll never learn. It's a compulsion.

What else, hasn't changed? My tripping. I almost ate it for no reason at all. I was wearing flat boots and there was not a sheet of ice in sight. I must have been walking too confidently.

Birthday message? If you're going to eat a lot of dessert you need to fit in some extra walking, yet do not taking walking for granted. One step at a time.

Does this count as a straight?*:

Happy Birthday
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday !!
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Birthday wishes have not been altered or modified.
**Birthday wishes are like snowflakes, no two are alike.

2 comments: