I don't really want to talk about it, but I still don't have internet at home...aside from my iPhone which always gets knocked down to reduced surfing just days into the month. And lately, I've realized that I haven't been watching TV during the week. It hasn't been a conscious decision, but I kind of really enjoy being unplugged.
What do I do instead? I meet up with friends, work out, read, cook, write letters, clean, and do any and everything else to keep my brain working. Last night, for example, I wrote letters by candlelight while listening to Josh Groban while doing laundry and cooking for the week all before a friend came over for tea and a chat. It was so simple, but so lovely.
My TV detox appears to be complete. I used to be the gal with all the latest info on shows and was always up-to-date, but now I see notes on Facebook about shows I didn't even know existed.
I think the Facebook detox is next. Phase one may have already begun...
It sounds refreshing.
ReplyDelete